background

Thursday, July 23, 2009

Labor Pains

On Sunday night I woke up to having some lovely contractions every 5-7 minutes, but thought I was crazy and tried not to wake Jason up or worry too much. After spending most of the night up I finally got up to get ready for work and went in. My contractions by this point were getting more intense and closer together so I called my doc and she told me to go into Labor and Delivery to get checked out. I went in and got monitored for a few hours and I was having the contractions at this point every 2-3 minutes lasting about a minute to a minute and a half. I am such a WUSS because I thought I was going to die! lol I have no idea how women do it:) They decided Oakley needed to cook a little longer and gave me some meds to stop it all. I am having contractions now every 10-15 minutes which is better, but still not lots of fun:) This is kinda gross, but I lost my "plug" yesterday morning as well so my doc said I am well on my way to getting Oakley here:) She said it could be anywhere from hours to a couple weeks! Its so crazy to me that she could be here anyday! I have had some good advice and help from friends that have had babies that I appreciate SO MUCH! I think I would be freaking out much more if it weren't for them. I will keep our blog posted on any updates or if Oakley decides she is ready to come:)

3 comments:

  1. I'm sorry that you've had to be in pain this week! You've freaked me out though and I'm terrified to go through this in a couple months. I can't wait to meet baby Schwartz and see how cute she is and what a cute mommy you are! Keep me posted!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't believe our time is almost up! And that kind of bites that they stopped it don't you just want to see your baby instead of the belly? That's how I feel! I hope everything goes well for you in crunch time!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my she will be here so soon! Yay I'm excited...post lots of pics!!!

    ReplyDelete